About Me

My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
9 year US Army veteran I break out my service time as follows: 6 years in Military Intelligence and 3 years as a Cavalry Scout. I went into Electronics repair for 10 years and for the last 5 years I have been a Project Manager and Lean Six Sigma Change Agent.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Prep for next podcast

I am looking at a more meaty episode.

I know some people out there may be wondering about certifications. Where, who, and how.

The main thing to remember is when looking at certification you need to determine if you have to be certified in a specific discipline. If not then look at the tool set you might need and become proficient in the use of them.

Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management, Business Process Management, etc etc.

Which one do you focus on? Which one do you do?

You do what is appropriate for the business culture you operate in. You use the tools that better make your environment more adventagious to you. These are all tools, a tool is used on an item. Some tools can do more than one job, however, when possible the best tool should be used. You do not use a screwdriver to drive a nail.

I will go into this in the podcast in some depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment